Thursday, March 4, 2010

Here's My Question

This will be brief, I hope. I've soapboxed about this before and clearly beating a dead horse is getting me nowhere.

How many innocent children and young people have to die before our judicial system pulls out its collective proverbial head and realizes that, by and large, child molesters can not be rehabilitated?

The case in California over the last few days is a prime example. The main suspect in the case has been convicted and gone to jail, at least according to the articles I read, on at least two previous occasions and has either been paroled, or gotten out early or something.

First of all, in my opinion, a true child molester should never, EVER, see the light of day again. And I'm making a distinction between child molester and the much broader term sex offender. The definition of a sex offender is way too broad and needs to be narrowed or stratified or something to make it of any value. Someone who can willingly do the things to children and young adults that these people do, and seemingly enjoy since they keep doing it, should be stopped - permanently. Most of them aren't going to get better.

So quit putting them back on the streets!

The only thing that makes this situation even remotely better, and you can hate me saying so, is that it is my understanding that child molesters and murderers are handled by the prison system - internally.

As it should be.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you there cuz..... It's a terrible crime that really should have no sympathy from anywhere in our society. I think that the criminal system should put them in the prisons' general population and let them be the victim for the last days of their lives... And, So Long to the cost of housing them as well.... A>G

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a few minutes to share my thoughts. Care to share yours?