Friday, February 27, 2009

Only a Man

One of my partners was going to be traveling up state today to attend a funeral tomorrow of a long time friend and client. He asked if I would make a reservation for him since I'm in a few different rewards programs. Get me a few extra points. The town where the funeral is going to be in not very large and the gentleman who passed had lived there all his life so the hotels there were full. So I gave him the choice of two towns - one on either side, both about the same driving distance. No, he didn't want either of those. Let him think about it, he said. He thinks all night.

So he calls today after he makes the first client stop. Mixing business and personal on this trip since he would be in the area. Told me where he wanted to stay. It was not in either of the two towns I had given him but I made the reservation. Problem was I heard wrong. This town sounded an awful lot like another town. Greenville vs. Greenwood. So I made a second a reservation and cancelled the first one. Called him, told him it was taken care of. Back to work.

Or so I thought.

Phone rings again. He doesn't want to stay there. That's too far away from where he needs to be tomorrow. Doesn't know what he was thinking. He wants to be - you guessed it - in one of the towns I picked for him yesterday. So, I go online to make the third reservation, pick up the phone to cancel the second reservation (the cutoff time was drawing near) and call him back to tell him it was all taken care of. He would have to be me for the night and my "no calls taken during busy season" policy was now extended to him too.

I wonder if I can get double nights for this?

1 comment:

  1. Wait...I think you are too high level to be playing assistant!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a few minutes to share my thoughts. Care to share yours?