Monday, September 21, 2009

Gotta Give Credit

OK, you all got my post last week about DirecTv and that customer loyalty is not rewarded.

Apparently, it depends on who you talk to.

After all back and forth last month with the package changes and upgrades and all our bill this month was a little confusing. Certain aspects of it didn't follow the notes I'd made during my conversations with all the customer service reps.

As his is manner, when Billy has a question about a bill I find it laying at my place when I come home for lunch. This month's bill was there late last week with a big question mark on the envelope.

That means I have a job to do.

I called today. Dreading it since I figured I'd have to go back through everything that had transpired.

But I got a good one. She started going through everything and reading all the notes from the prior calls. She asked once if we could skip over the equipment charge (the bill reflected the original $99 and not the $60 I had been promised) and went on to a few other miscellaneous items that appeared to be duplicated.

Then she asked if I would mind holding.

That "hold" always worries me, but I of course I agreed. I already had 20 minutes invested in the phone call - had to see it through.

Much to my surprise, when she returned she just started apologizing. The whole thing should have been a zero dollar upgrade (just like the new customers get) and the technician should have deactivated the receiver being replaced which accounted for some of the extra charges. She asked at this point if I minded holding again so she could get me a revised total.

I was almost speechless.

No, I told her, I didn't mind holding. The only thing I minded was that I didn't get her the first time I called!

So, it total, it did take four phone calls but the company made it right and I believe in sharing the good and the not so good.

I'll actually enjoy watching TV tonight. It isn't costing me as much as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to share my thoughts. Care to share yours?