Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sadness

There has been a lot of sadness lately. While all the people that have passed away lately have been celebrities to us, they were someone's mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse.

And while I feel for all the families - the Fawcetts, the Mays, the Jacksons, and all the others, a lot of my sympathy goes out to Mechelle McNair. What a week.

Not only does her husband get gunned down and leave her a young widow with 4 children, but she also learns he was a cheater.

Some of you may think she knew it all along. You wonder how something like an affair could be going on and she not know it. Stranger things have happened. I've had mothers tell me they didn't know their teenage daughters were pregnant while they were living in the same house so I'll believe almost anything.

But how devasting! So much to take in. Her world was just shattered on so many levels.

Cheating is the one thing that I made pretty clear early on in our marriage. I'd been cheated on before in a previous long-term relationship and I was unwilling to go through that again. I've always said that if circumstances are such that my husband didn't want to stay married then that was one thing, but leave first. Don't cheat. It's humiliating and any number of other demoralizing emotions.

So, while I extend my sympathies to all the families with losses lately (and no, I'm not going to get into the extended coverage of the Michael Jackson funeral while families lost soldiers that day. Anyone who has read this more than once or twice probably knows how I feel about that) I offer an extra hug to Mrs. McNair.

She will need it.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog needs one of those thumbs up/like buttons on it. :)

    I've thought about her (and her children) too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a few minutes to share my thoughts. Care to share yours?