Monday, January 19, 2009

Back to Business

I will give the new President his day tomorrow. But on Wednesday I will start to expect results. I want the new Congress to work together - for a change. I want the Republicans to support President Obama - unlike the Democrats did for President Bush. I want my elected representatives to actually represent ME. (And don't think they don't know where I stand. I let them know. When the whole bailout package come up I sent strongly worded messages to all the Presidential candidates and my representatives. I'm happy to say my Senators rejected the initial package.)

In other words I would like government to work as it was intended. Making the best decisions for the majority of the people. Not acting like children who don't play well together. I think the term "maverick" was WAY over used in the last election but I agree with the overall notion. Vote your conscience not the party line. Do what you think is best, what you think is right - not what the Monday morning memo says you're supposed to do.

Apparently I also have a dream.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking a few minutes to share my thoughts. Care to share yours?